Monday, January 29, 2024

Doing things old school now

 

For us, what is old is new. We've always known about it because our parents did this, and now we are doing it to. Many of you have always done it, what is it?

Setting a budget, just that simple. 

Documentation, saving receipts and keeping a close eye on the finances. We are keeping track of where the money goes, we've set up a budget, paid off the credit card, and are working on the last debt before the mortgage. We got serious, and you know what it feels good. Actually seeing where the money is being spent each month. We can make better decisions. 

Do you have a spare change jar? We do.

We are using up what is in the freezer, and when it is all gone we will stock up. Sometimes you don't know what you have because you have no way of keeping tracking of it. Sometimes you are spending good money after bad. You can have to much of just about anything. That is where clutter comes in.

I have been working on that for quite a while, and it is being pared down every month. I had 5 cookie/pizza sheets. Why?  I cut that down to my favorites, 2 of them it is all we need. One for pizza, and one for cookies and rolls. 

My husbands mother used the envelope system, and put money away for things. Proactive. I can remember my mom sitting down paying the bills, setting money aside for grocery. We did not have an over abundance of anything, and yet lacked nothing. We had what we needed. She did a very good job, I can't say that I have done that, but there is always opportunity for change.

And so with the new year, not a resolution but a resolve to a problem(s), taking action and expecting the outcome to be of a good report.  

Have a good week yourselves!

~ Faith~  

                                                                   My little flower bed

2 comments:

  1. We started using a budget when Harvey and I retired. I always watched our money and spending, but now do so even more.

    I still have to do a bit more decluttering, I often look at something and wonder why on earth I am keeping it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use the envelope system too. Now that its just the two of us I no longer bother. We've never had a spare change jar although when my boys were in their late teens I threatened to have a "swear jar" ( mostly they didn't use offensive words but occasionally....

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.