Thursday, January 18, 2024

Weather outside is good for...

 Doing things inside.

But it doesn't stop me from thinking about the garden this year. 

Updates, I'm still working on the crochet vest edging, working out the details. I've got some lovely fabric for St. Patricks Day, and I'm going to blow the dust off my old Singer Sewing machine,

 

 and make a crossover apron. This will be the 2nd one, here is the posting about the 1st one.

Apron

This weather & time of year springs hopeful of getting things done. 

I've cleaned/decluttered my clothes closet.
Cleaned out & decluttered two kitchen cabinets, and a drawer.
So much nicer now I really don't like looking for things. A trip to the charity shop to drop off.
 
I'm usually behind the curve on most things, that is just my nature. It is new to me long after it has trended elsewhere, it's ok. Recently I ran across winter sowing. It is where you plant seeds in soil, inside of milk jug, put it outside in the winter and will germinate as the weather warms. Have you heard of it?
 
I have one started just this week, I've planted milkweed. When the next gallon of milk is gone, I'll plant something else, maybe comfrey.   
 
We are having a warm front it is 22 degrees. I'll take it. This is a good time of year to do that which you would not do any other time of the year when you can be outside. 
Something to look forward to this time of year.
~Faith!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. It is definitely a day to stay indoors and get things done inside. I ran out to get groceries this morning and I am still trying to warm up.

    You are certainly making good on your having to stay in. Lots of jobs completed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're keeping busy. I've been quite unmotivated lately and have been reading and taking it real easy. Maybe this coming week I'll get motivated...or I could wait for February.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.