Thursday, July 13, 2023

Homemaking & Prepping

 

I  had 20 minutes while I was proofing my yeast, mixing the dough for Amish white bread. I'm already in the kitchen, why not clean out a drawer or two. By the time the bread dough was done, I had completed the tasks. Simple. 

The quietness of the morning, just going through and uncluttering, just me in my kitchen. A thought occurred to me out of the blue which made me smile. I was doing right now this moment what I only wanted to do my entire life. Being a homemaker. As I age I am reminded of the many times which I had to work outside of the home, which was NOT ever my first choice, but a necessary evil. 

This Homemaker thing is me. I get it, it gets me. It brought a smile to my face. I am where I wanted to be all along. I am home.

CrochetbytheSeaEst.2008

Is homemaking & prepper the same thing?

I think it depends on who you ask.

I prep by providing a clean, organized, well stocked home. Not overstocked, I don't have room.  I prep and plan my menus, I shop based on those menus. Grow and preserve what I can within my personal limitations. Try to do as much for myself as I can, and I can rely less on someone else to provide it for me.

Prepping means preparing. As homemakers we prepare all the time. 

It's not a bad thing.It is a natural thing to plan, prepare and organize our homes.

Keeping Kerosene Lamps,oil & wicks

Making beeswax candles/supplies

Dehydrating herbs/vegetables for future use 

Purchasing meat on sale BOGO and making many meals out them stretches the budget.

I am not a prepper, but rather a homemaker who prepares her home.

It is a joy filled existence, of great importance to those who I care for, 

and great personal satisfaction for me. It is good to be home. 

~Faith~

 

 

   

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel just like you do. Growing up all I wanted to have is my own home and family. I've been so fortunate to have that. I sit on the porch and am amazed how life has turned out. I truly am blessed. GM

HappyHomebodyMonday

HappyHomebodyMonday
Sharing & Learning Together

Labels

Thread Crochet (48) Crochet (47) Simple Joys De Stress (39) Crochet Yarn (36) beeswax candles (28) HappyHomebodyMonday (21) Vintage (20) GODS Coloring Book (14) skill sets (14) Lavender (10) Filet Crochet (9) Vintage Beauties (8) crinoline ladies (8) pumpkins (8) St Patricks Day (7) Sturdy Pantry (7) queen annes lace (7) FarmhouseWorthy (6) I'm a natural (6) Potholders (5) Vintage Roses (5) Bread Fresh milled (4) Chit chat over the clothesline (4) Chocolate Cherry Sunflower (4) Penny Rugs (4) Sunflowers (4) fall decorations (4) Build your pantry (3) Farmhouse table (3) Fermentation (3) Pie Crust Recipe (3) Sourdough Bread (3) Sweet Simpleness (3) TimeInvestment (3) Vintage Cut Glass (3) Vintage Pie Vent (3) Vintage Waffle Iron (3) crystals (3) rosettes (3) ButterChurn (2) Christmas Crochet (2) Christmas Rose Pointsettia (2) Crochet Bread tray doily (2) Intention (2) Irish Crochet Rose. Shamrocks (2) Lemon Verbena (2) OhioStoneware (2) Questionsforyou? (2) Scarecrow (2) Shamrocks (2) Swans (2) Three Sisters (2) making candles (2) marketbag (2) pantry (2) rain barrel (2) seed saving (2) soup chicken (2) the starter (2) tin icicles (2) vintage depression glass (2) vintage glider (2) vintage hanging lights (2) wheat berries (2) window house (2) Bread Cloche (1) Celebrate life day (1) Christmas Cactus Care Sheet (1) Crochet Dress Apron (1) Crochet Irish Rose (1) Drawstring bag (1) Electric Skillet (1) Enamel Ware (1) FancifulFriday on/off the hook (1) Fiber Fest (1) Giant Marigolds (1) I am a happy homebody. (1) Irish Crochet Rose (1) Miss Patsy (1) Organization (1) Original Oatmeal Box (1) Pastry Cloth (1) Petal Doily (1) Pie Vent (1) Real Bread (1) Rosemary (1) Scented Geraniums (1) Simple Musings Entry (1) Sourdough Cream Puff (1) Speckle Ware (1) Stillness (1) Stove Apron (crochet) (1) Stove Apron (crochet) swans (1) SweetheartMarketBag (1) Thrifting (1) Thyme (1) Tin cookie cutters (1) Twig Heart Decor (1) Vintage Bakeware (1) Vintage Bowls (1) Vintage Crochet Patterns (1) Vintage Dish (1) Vintage Flour Sifter (1) Vintage Furniture (1) Vintage Linens (1) Vintage Recipe (1) Waffle Iron (1) What we love to collect (1) be prepared (1) crochet dress potholder (1) decluttering (1) fpallet flower bed (1) gingerbread village (1) pallet flower bed (1) shamrock runner (1) stock (1) teachable moments (1) tureen (1) vintage lights (1) vintage table linen (1) wooden bread bowl (1)

FarmhouseWorthyEst2025(c)

Please, this is my personal content. It may not be copied without written consent from the content creator (me). Treat this as you would your own content. Do unto other as you would like them to do unto you. It still applies in my world. Thank you.