Wednesday, April 19, 2023

This n That across the clothesline

A lovely day for drying the wash on the line, the oddball neighbor who does NOTHING like everybody else around here. I have a garden, I feed the birds, hang my clothes on the line, DO NOT put chemicals on my grass, and I've got some lovely weeds, and my yard doesn't look like a golf course. 

Never liked the Jones's people who ever they are, and I never fit in with them, and glad for it.

I've had a busy morning, and started out re organizing a few of the kitchen cabinets to make it easier for me to navigate and retrieve what I need and use the most. Decluttering fits into the picture, and at the end of the task 2 boxes and 1 bag are going to the thrift shop.

I'm using more of my bowls now for mixing and everyday usage, they've been up in the china cupboard and not used except for holidays. So I'm mixin it up, we use those beauties, and paper plates too when I don't feel like washing.  

For supper, pork breaded cutlets, and dandilion gravy over taters...

Spring tonic, the lovely dandy. 

2 more days for the friendship starter and I can bake something, and the sourdough starter is out and fed, producing some lovely bubbles, be ready tomorrow for bread.

Thread Crochet potholder I made several years ago. These cheer me & bring me joy in the making and when they are displayed.



  My trusty old clothespin bag, fashioned up many years ago now. She hangs on the line outside when I'm hanging out items to dry. 

Well, have a beautiful filled day!


8 comments:

  1. I think you'd be a delightful neighbour. Like you I feed the birds. I can't grow a lot in my garden tho' I'd like to. Too much shade. We don't have any grass at all in the front but middle son has a tiny mossy "lawn" in the back so he and his children can enjoy sitting on it. Myself, I prefer the swing. I have a clothesline but I must confess I only hang DH's work clothes out there. I used to hang a lot more but I'm getting lazy I guess.
    Reorganizing and decluttering is an ongoing thing. I find it quite enjoyable. GM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to hang out sheets, tableclothes and afghans.

      Delete
  2. We've been slowly warming up here, but it may not last (again). I inherited my Mom's clothespin bag. I was using one I got years ago from Lehman's. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee. I’m not like our neighbors either. Fun being a rebel sometimes huh? 😁💕
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just don't get me! Ha HA !

      Delete
  4. What a cute clothespin bag!!! I don't really fit in here either as I also hang clothes on the line, and am one of the few people I know that actually process what comes out of the garden.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice to not fit in, especially in these times.

      Delete
  5. Check your Spam folder. I think my comment ended up in it. GM

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.