Saturday, April 15, 2023

Beeswax Candles a joyful task

 Welcome along today!


 

One of my simple joys is making beeswax candles. Today, I am melting down 2 lbs of beeswax into those beautiful rosettes. While some may consider this a total waste of time, I find it to be most joyful.Aside from the health benefits of beeswax you get all of these things, good for the environment, and for mental health. Working with my hands, making something beautiful and useful for my home. The aroma of the beeswax is very lovely, and the color is rich. 

Where I locally obtain my beeswax they ship in pounds, and it's free shipping. So I normally have to break down the brick and melt it into smaller increments. I have a hot plate which I use for melting the wax, and seperate containers for the soy and beeswax. 

This time I ordered a beeswax kit, it came with 2 lbs wax, a booklet, and taper which will make 6 taper candles. I ordered this from 

Here

I've got my little journal nearby and keeping notes so I can refer back. 




 Have a beautiful day!

 

2 comments:

  1. The beeswax rosettes look lovely and I'm positive they smell heavenly! A great idea to do those now before the busy outdoor season begins.
    Granny M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your rosettes. They remind me of summer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.