Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Sourdough

Hi Everybody!

I'm running a little experiment today. Normally I would make overnight sourdough bread, and you can find the recipe up in the recipe box tab.

I'm into Rosemary Sourdough these days, oh so good, and I like it in a sandwhich bread form sometimes, and not the crusty, lovely crevices kind. 

Yesterday I scooped out some of my starter, proceeded along as though I was making the overnight version, and this morning I finished it off like a sandwhich bread sourdough. It's a warm, humid day, and it may rise a little faster than usual. When making sourdough, you need to have patience, and time.

I picked some Rosemary from the garden, dehydrated it,  and have sprinkled it lightly into the loaves.


 It worked up really nice, I made the mistake of eyeballing the dough, and didn't really measure, so it will be different the next time I do this. 

Well, ladee da! It's been a hoot visiting with you, stop over again, I'll leave the light on for you!


 

 


3 comments:

  1. I wonder if you're having a cool day and that's why you chose to bake. Or maybe you just wanted some fresh Rosemary Sourdough. I've tried to like Rosemary but I'm not fond of the taste. I did make a lovely hair rinse with it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's about 90 degrees, I made this on a cooler day and scheduled it for a future date. Rosemary is very good for hair.

      Delete
  2. Sounds good, too bad I don't like to bake. I come almost smell your bread.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.