Saturday, November 13, 2021

The very vintage dresser

Oh I just love it!  I have never ever seen drawers so wide and long.

At the Shoppe
Ornate Carved legs
Love this keyhole
Inside the drawers, they are all laqured, sides and all, also on the outside (sides)

The foot of the dresser, (in the van)

This was wrapped up and in the drawer.
There were 6 screws in the paper, wrapped up in 1945
In her forever home Oh those glass drawer pulls💓 Remember Aunt Clara from Bewitched? She collected doorknobs, I can relate. I love the old doorknobs especially the glass ones.


The top of the leg

I didn't get a picture of the mirror frame, there was no mirror, and that is fine. There are 2 pieces very ornate fish which I suppose went on the sides of the mirror. A wee bit to much for me, 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Your new dresser is wonderful. I love everything about it. I love glass doorknobs too and had replaced many in our house as we found them. When we modified our house to accommodate middle son and his little family my DIL changed all those lovely glass knobs to some modern ones. I guess some just don't appreciate the glass ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s beautiful! Glad you got banned after you got it and not before 😉. I love the carved features- those details add so much. And the glass knobs are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.