Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Something pretty

Hello All! 

I looked back to see if I had shared at least in part about this blog posting. I don't see anything..

So I don't think I'm repeating myself, myself.

I guess with all the hub bub about the vintage table, and dresser I missed these.

We had went to Amish country, and there is an Antique Mall which I like to frequent, like everytime we go. I sometimes don't find anything which catches my fancy, imagine that. This is where I got my Kitchy Cabinet a few years back. 

So anyhoo..  on my 3rd pass down a particular lane, there was an obscure little red basket  and inside the basket were plastic zip lock bags. I picked up one of the bags and it had 4  beautiful vintage blue topaz tear drop crystals in each bag. 

I didn't know what I would do with them, and I knew that I would not ever find them again, I have not seem them before this, and it is doubtful I would after, I could search the world over and not find another. I figured I could make something....slim chance there. maybe I would find something just right and vintagy looking. where, when?

While at Hobby Lobby today I found the perfect something.  Now I wasn't there to look for it, I actually made a return on some yarn and little do dads I ended up not using for a project. But there it was, the last one! 


I realize this is a not so nice a picture, as it was getting dark, this little wire beauty is also a holder for a candle, I removed the glass dish out of it, and I have 3 more of these little charmers in there. 

I have my own mini chandelier...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Have a good week.

 




 

 


6 comments:

  1. How sweet. I love your mini chandelier.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it makes a beautiful reflection when you have it in a sunny spot :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I am looking forward to, our front window faces East so we get morning sun, when it's out. Not so much these days. They do pick up light and have a luster all their own even with lamp light.

      Delete
  3. I'm curious how the little wire thing could hold a candle. Also, could you put something beside the wire thingy so one can see how big it is? I love those chandelier prisms but have only ever seen them in clear. Yours are treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GM, I'll take a better picture when the sun comes out again. Up toward the top of the cage is a bracket just large enough for a votive candle holder. It came with a glass holder,which I removed. I have only ever seen them clear as well, which are lovely. I bought the lot of them 14 I believe.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.