Monday, May 18, 2026

Happy Homebody Monday # 7 Mist of Time

                                                         Hello all you Happy Beautiful Homebodies!

A few hot days in the high 80-degree mark, hot for this time of year, I've watered what seed I did plant so far. The water from the rain barrel is good for the plants, and the bird bath, deer like it to. It was a good investment, something I'm glad we took the time to do, harvesting rain from the heavens. 

 

 What the squirrel don't dig up and the deer don't eat, we'll see what is left. 
Scaling back this year. A couple of tomatoe plants (purchased), basil, and some squashes. I've already watered this morning, while it is comfortable, did a wee amount of weeding.

It is Monday, bread should be made today, we'll see. 


Yesterday I went through the yarn I had in my tinker box, bagged it up. What my son doesn't take to the senior home will go to thrift shop. 
This is a very pretty basket; we purchased from an Amish Stand many Years ago. It has held yarn of all this time. It is now 1/3 full with just cotton yarn, I'm not ready to part with yet. It was full to the top with yarn stash, which somebody else with love now, and work with, making beautiful things with.

Pulling from the Myst of Time today, a previous posting, with a relevant topic.
Have an amazing Monday!
Be of good cheer!

5 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

We scaled back this year too, and all because we are so tired of the squash bugs. We'll just have to make do with what we do plant this year. Yep, gonna be hot for us too

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So glad you are enjoying the use of the rain barrel. There is nothing quite as good for plants and rain water. Are you not crocheting any longer?.....or are you just clearing scrap yarn? I hope you continue to crochet

Jackie said...

I so wish we could get the garden in. We have a frost warning for tonight and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is the last one.

God bless.

Granny Marigold said...

Our rain barrels also got filled last week.
I couldn't access the LaTeDa post. No idea why not.

Faith said...

I am clearing out stash yarn, although I don't have anything on the hook, resting my wrists for a time.

HappyHomebodyMonday

HappyHomebodyMonday
Sharing & Learning Together

Labels

Thread Crochet (48) Crochet (47) Simple Joys De Stress (39) Crochet Yarn (36) beeswax candles (28) HappyHomebodyMonday (21) Vintage (20) GODS Coloring Book (14) skill sets (14) Lavender (10) Filet Crochet (9) Vintage Beauties (8) crinoline ladies (8) pumpkins (8) St Patricks Day (7) Sturdy Pantry (7) queen annes lace (7) FarmhouseWorthy (6) I'm a natural (6) Potholders (5) Vintage Roses (5) Bread Fresh milled (4) Chit chat over the clothesline (4) Chocolate Cherry Sunflower (4) Penny Rugs (4) Sunflowers (4) fall decorations (4) Build your pantry (3) Farmhouse table (3) Fermentation (3) Pie Crust Recipe (3) Sourdough Bread (3) Sweet Simpleness (3) TimeInvestment (3) Vintage Cut Glass (3) Vintage Pie Vent (3) Vintage Waffle Iron (3) crystals (3) rosettes (3) ButterChurn (2) Christmas Crochet (2) Christmas Rose Pointsettia (2) Crochet Bread tray doily (2) Intention (2) Irish Crochet Rose. Shamrocks (2) Lemon Verbena (2) OhioStoneware (2) Questionsforyou? (2) Scarecrow (2) Shamrocks (2) Swans (2) Three Sisters (2) be prepared (2) making candles (2) marketbag (2) pantry (2) rain barrel (2) seed saving (2) soup chicken (2) the starter (2) tin icicles (2) vintage depression glass (2) vintage glider (2) vintage hanging lights (2) wheat berries (2) window house (2) Bread Cloche (1) Celebrate life day (1) Christmas Cactus Care Sheet (1) Crochet Dress Apron (1) Crochet Irish Rose (1) Drawstring bag (1) Electric Skillet (1) Enamel Ware (1) FancifulFriday on/off the hook (1) Fiber Fest (1) Giant Marigolds (1) I am a happy homebody. (1) Irish Crochet Rose (1) Miss Patsy (1) Organization (1) Original Oatmeal Box (1) Pastry Cloth (1) Petal Doily (1) Pie Vent (1) Real Bread (1) Rosemary (1) Scented Geraniums (1) Simple Musings Entry (1) Sourdough Cream Puff (1) Speckle Ware (1) Stillness (1) Stove Apron (crochet) (1) Stove Apron (crochet) swans (1) SweetheartMarketBag (1) Thrifting (1) Thyme (1) Tin cookie cutters (1) Twig Heart Decor (1) Vintage Bakeware (1) Vintage Bowls (1) Vintage Crochet Patterns (1) Vintage Dish (1) Vintage Flour Sifter (1) Vintage Furniture (1) Vintage Linens (1) Vintage Recipe (1) Waffle Iron (1) What we love to collect (1) crochet dress potholder (1) decluttering (1) fpallet flower bed (1) gingerbread village (1) pallet flower bed (1) shamrock runner (1) stock (1) teachable moments (1) tureen (1) vegatable broth Homemade (1) vintage lights (1) vintage table linen (1) wooden bread bowl (1)

FarmhouseWorthyEst2025(c)

Please, this is my personal content. It may not be copied without written consent from the content creator (me). Treat this as you would your own content. Do unto other as you would like them to do unto you. It still applies in my world. Thank you.