Monday, July 29, 2024

FarmhouseWorthyHappyHomebodyMonday #1 Bread & Questios for you

Howdy Folks! 

They are calling for rain today, blessed rain. How all of the growing things need it, for a perk up and some nutrients. Me included, I'll admit I like cloudy days and rain, sun every day and hot...not my cuppa.

When I was young I did not like Mondays....Now that I am older, it is one of my favorite days. It is the reset of my week, what will be in store, what will do, accomplish, make? I like to have things to do everyday...somedays more, some less but I move every day and do something Homebody for me.   

Moving about smartly today,  a loaf of Amish White bread is in the 2nd rise, I shucked the corn we bought at the farmers market yesterday, folded a load of laundry, and vaccumed.

Victorian School Girl Vintage Crochet ...
 I ordered this pamphlet some time ago, I should make this don't you think? Without the horse...So pretty . Maybe I will revisit this...I have the thread...

I intend to sit and work on the penny rug mat very soon for today.

We did go to the farmers market yesterday, I pick up some fresh broccoli, and cauliflower thinking ahead to fall and winter. I cut them up and flash froze them, put them into zip lock bags for future  use. 

Questions for you?

Do any of you who make bread, make more then one loaf? If so how do you freeze it, what method of wrapping do  you choose?

 Have any of you ever had an honesty box, and sold homemade items from it? I'd love to hear about how that went for you. 

Making good use of my time, and not using up all of my energy is a goal for me everyday. I attempt to get things done, but not overdue. Self care is important to. 

Let's meet up here for next Happy Homebody Monday, share joy and simple life.
I appreciate you stopping in.....

~Faith~  

"Simple joys make beautiful homes"

 

 

6 comments:

  1. I like the new name and new concept. Farmhouse worthy. Yes, I'm a country girl at heart too, living in a small city but nevertheless, it's still a city.
    When I bake bread and buns and freeze any I use plastic bags that I've previously bought bread in (lovely whole grain bread that I love for toast).
    We're enjoying a cool day with a light drizzle today. My laundry is done and there are leftovers from the weekend for supper. I'm pretty happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you GM. I'm considering having a spare in the freezer. Leftovers are a Godsend....they free us up a bit don't they.?

      Delete
  2. Love the pot holder! I have stopped and supported honor boxes or stands (and paid) but have not had one. I like them but would be cautious about putting anything too valuable. On bread, slice it first and then I put it in two plastic bags (double bagged) then we can take out just a couple slices as needed. Have fun with the hook and thread 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you stopping by, thank you. I like the idea of slicing the bread taking out what is just needed. We like our fresh bread here, but I think it would be more frugal to make 1 freeze 1.

      Delete
  3. I usually bake two loaves a week, but both are used up during the week. Our youngest takes the bread I make him, cuts it in slices and freezes the slices in twos.

    Yes!!! I really do think you should make that doll.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, I believe I will begin to make 2 loafs at a time, and one in the ready. Sometimes we go through them quickly. I'm hoping to get the supplies ready today, after I clean out my kitchen cupboard today....

      Delete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.