Sunday, April 3, 2022

Time is flying...

.......I must be having fun. Where does the time go? 

I cannot account to where I've been since my last posting. Just living and doing I guess,

 as we all do everyday. 


Today, I'm drying some lemon wedges and Basil, and whipped up a new sourdough starter. 

We went to Amish Country, I picked up a few Oil lamps at the antique shoppe, wicks and oil, because we can't find it where we live. I picked up a heart shaped dough bowl, I'll be showing pictures at some point. 

We had bought some sourdough bread, and it was the best tasting I've ever had, not traditionally full of the big holes and that lovely crunchy crust, but a delightful sourdough flavor.  I found a sourdough starter recipe where you don't discard...I like that. Don't like wasting..you can find the info at:

Our Gabled Home 

Let's see what else? waiting for spring to officially arrive, weather wise. Snows every weekend, tired of it. 

Seedlings coming along...

adding, turnips,green beans and mashed potatoe squash this year. I've got some Elderberry cuttings, which will be planted, & I found a rhubarb root...been looking for both of those.Working on a cardigan with my hook, going to making more candles, I've bought some 4oz jelly jars, trying soy this time, we purchased one from a local farm stand, and it burned for more than 15 hours. We had a power outage over the week from strong winds, having some candles and lamps are a good investment. 


While in Amish, we stopped as a whim at a small little hardware store. I purchased a  white enameled bowl, and bread pan, with the red trim, love those...have never seen them anywhere. & one of the vaccum sealer contraptions. Very basic model. It will save us money in the long run, and preserve the food better. Looking forward to trying it out. 

I hope you are all well. 




8 comments:

  1. I'd love to see the enamel bowl and bread pan that you bought. Do you have to use special freezer bags with your vacuum sealer? I can see where such an apparatus would be very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my vacuum sealer and you will as well. Food storage is easier and the food seems to last much longer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you did well with your purchases in Amish country. I've never made sour dough bread, but do like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making blog rounds and waving hello. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me waving hi again as I make my blog rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waving hello as I make my blog rounds, hoping things are well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a while since I've had time to read blogs. We too went to Amish twice this year, but man that flea market on a Saturday is crazy. I needed rugs for the kitchen. I got those and got the heck out of there. The new flea market is said to open around July. I guess they lost 5 employees to build it, in one month. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me waving hello again as I make my blog rounds. Hope you're alright. It's been awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Have a very blessed day and take delight even in the simple things.

CrochetbytheSeaEst2008(C)

This is my personal content. No reproduction of any of my photographs or postings are to be copied, it is against copyright laws.