Friday, June 5, 2020

In the wee garden II

In and about the my wee little garden. Checking the Lavender which remains on the plant. The garlic..scapes are forming, it won't be long now. I've done some research on those about whether or not to cut them. It doesn't hurt, and in fact will send more energy back into the bulb. Harvest isn't far away now, watching the leaves is what will happen now. I found a recipe for garlic scape pesto.


The vintage rose cultivated 25 years ago which was absolutely beautiful, it's a climbing rose and it just spills over with color and vintage fragrance.

we moved it, it has been struggling every since. And this year I have beautiful blossoms (4) on it. It's growing and I couldn't be more happy about it. I sprayed it with a rose spray which kills those little bugs which eat the leaves, no leaves, no roses. And...a little repel scent for my "deer friends", who I love deerly but not when the eat the little roses. I can see that they have paid me a visit, but the roses were not eaten.


The Peonies...how lovely the scent.


We have seen the mama Robin and her baby in the yard for several days now. Mama is teaching the wee one how to forage for food. I love to watch them. That little one hops around and screaches for food mouth wide open. Mama goes about her business, and every once in a while treats the little one to something she's caught. Fun to watch. Soon the little one will be on their own. 

The potted plants are starting to fill up with plants, it seems like it is taking along time for things to come from seed this year. I didn't mark what is in where, and so I'll be surprised. But every day they grow taller and taller. The calendula is taking a particularly long time getting it's leaves.  

Peace & Simple Joys

6 comments:

Lady Locust said...

Am so happy your roses are blooming:-) My seeds have been taking their time this year as well - patience I s'poze.

Jackie said...

Beautiful flowers.

God bless.

Granny Marigold said...

So what do you use the garlic scapes for? Last year we had a lot which we cut off and froze. Whenever I made soup I chopped some and threw them in. I can't say that they added much to the flavour. This year our garlic is struggling and so far no scapes.
I agree that Peonies have a delightful scent.

Faith said...

GM I only planted 4 garlic, and so don't have enough to freeze, I saw a recipe for pesto.I've been chopping them up and adding them to other things. I planted these in October. I learned not all garlic has scapes, only the hardneck variety.

Henny Penny said...

It sounds really pretty around your place. That rose is beautiful and I love peonies. We had only one peony bloom this year. I don't understand why. I need to look up garlic scapes. Don't even know what that is. I would love to grow garlic. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I'm getting scapes too, but my radishes are not fully ready to harvest, and we love a dip with both in it. Hopefully we'll get rain to help them out. Love the flower photos.

HappyHomebodyMonday

HappyHomebodyMonday
Sharing & Learning Together

Labels

Thread Crochet (49) Crochet (47) Simple Joys De Stress (39) Crochet Yarn (36) beeswax candles (28) HappyHomebodyMonday (21) Vintage (20) GODS Coloring Book (14) skill sets (14) Filet Crochet (10) Lavender (10) Vintage Beauties (8) crinoline ladies (8) pumpkins (8) St Patricks Day (7) Sturdy Pantry (7) queen annes lace (7) FarmhouseWorthy (6) I'm a natural (6) Chit chat over the clothesline (5) Penny Rugs (5) Potholders (5) Vintage Roses (5) Bread Fresh milled (4) Chocolate Cherry Sunflower (4) Sunflowers (4) fall decorations (4) Build your pantry (3) Farmhouse table (3) Fermentation (3) Pie Crust Recipe (3) Sourdough Bread (3) Sweet Simpleness (3) TimeInvestment (3) Vintage Cut Glass (3) Vintage Pie Vent (3) Vintage Waffle Iron (3) crystals (3) rosettes (3) ButterChurn (2) Christmas Crochet (2) Christmas Rose Pointsettia (2) Crochet Bread tray doily (2) Intention (2) Irish Crochet Rose. Shamrocks (2) Lemon Verbena (2) OhioStoneware (2) Questionsforyou? (2) Scarecrow (2) Shamrocks (2) Swans (2) Three Sisters (2) be prepared (2) making candles (2) marketbag (2) pantry (2) rain barrel (2) seed saving (2) soup chicken (2) the starter (2) tin icicles (2) vintage depression glass (2) vintage glider (2) vintage hanging lights (2) wheat berries (2) window house (2) Bread Cloche (1) Celebrate life day (1) Christmas Cactus Care Sheet (1) Crochet Dress Apron (1) Crochet Irish Rose (1) Drawstring bag (1) Electric Skillet (1) Enamel Ware (1) FancifulFriday on/off the hook (1) Fiber Fest (1) Giant Marigolds (1) I am a happy homebody. (1) Irish Crochet Rose (1) Miss Patsy (1) Organization (1) Original Oatmeal Box (1) Pastry Cloth (1) Petal Doily (1) Pie Vent (1) Real Bread (1) Rosemary (1) Scented Geraniums (1) Simple Musings Entry (1) Sourdough Cream Puff (1) Speckle Ware (1) Stillness (1) Stove Apron (crochet) (1) Stove Apron (crochet) swans (1) SweetheartMarketBag (1) Thrifting (1) Thyme (1) Tin cookie cutters (1) Twig Heart Decor (1) Vintage Bakeware (1) Vintage Bowls (1) Vintage Crochet Patterns (1) Vintage Dish (1) Vintage Flour Sifter (1) Vintage Furniture (1) Vintage Linens (1) Vintage Recipe (1) Waffle Iron (1) What we love to collect (1) crochet dress potholder (1) decluttering (1) fpallet flower bed (1) gingerbread village (1) pallet flower bed (1) shamrock runner (1) stock (1) teachable moments (1) tureen (1) vegatable broth Homemade (1) vintage lights (1) vintage table linen (1) wooden bread bowl (1)

FarmhouseWorthyEst2025(c)

Please, this is my personal content. It may not be copied without written consent from the content creator (me). Treat this as you would your own content. Do unto other as you would like them to do unto you. It still applies in my world. Thank you.