Sunday, October 4, 2026

Chit chat over the clothesline

Welcome in Happy Homebuddies!

October already, or should I say finally! Weather has been beautiful and fall is settling in nicely.

The cornstalk is up in the front yard, some beautiful mums and a lovely purple Aster we picked up recently on a trip.



Pumpkins are arriving soon, we have a day where we go as family choose pumpkins for carving, I usually make pumpkin shaped cookies, and we have cider and carve them. A family favorite.

I did pick up 2 small pumpkins which are pie pumpkins. I cannot recall if I've ever done this before and am not sure how to proceed. Bake or boil? How have you done it?

Garden was cleaned up, after the frost the Garlic and Egyptian Walking Onions will go in. Overwintering the geraniums we got from Amish, I also took cuttings in the summer for next year. I had one this year I started that way it did nicely. We have very good luck with the flowers we purchase from there I believe it is the soil. Hyacinths kept in the garage are peaking above the soil, I may bring them out, and I hope they will flourish in the spring. 

No blooms yet on the Thanksgiving cactus.

I did have a posting about this which you will find 

here

I found the sheet for it the other day, it was not kept dry in September because I am a doofus. So I will keep it dry in October. Oh bother!  Mine usually bloom at some point, whether I water it in the fall or not. Nature is nature. But it is worth a look see on the sheet to see what "they" reccomend.

Working on a filet crochet panel, it isn't huge, but it is giving me some grief, I went down a hook size, it looks better. 79 rows I believe. 


Have a blessed week, be of good cheer, give thanks.

Faith

 

No comments:

HappyHomebodyMonday

HappyHomebodyMonday
Sharing & Learning Together

Labels

Thread Crochet (50) Crochet (47) Simple Joys De Stress (39) Crochet Yarn (36) beeswax candles (28) HappyHomebodyMonday (21) Vintage (20) GODS Coloring Book (14) skill sets (14) Lavender (11) Filet Crochet (10) Sturdy Pantry (8) Vintage Beauties (8) crinoline ladies (8) pumpkins (8) Chit chat over the clothesline (7) St Patricks Day (7) queen annes lace (7) FarmhouseWorthy (6) I'm a natural (6) Penny Rugs (5) Potholders (5) Vintage Roses (5) fall decorations (5) Bread Fresh milled (4) Build your pantry (4) Candles (4) Concord Grape Pie (4) Sunflowers (4) Curtido (3) Farmhouse table (3) Fermentation (3) Pie Crust Recipe (3) Scarecrow (3) Sourdough Bread (3) Sweet Simpleness (3) TimeInvestment (3) Vintage Cut Glass (3) Vintage Pie Vent (3) Vintage Waffle Iron (3) crystals (3) rosettes (3) ButterChurn (2) Christmas Crochet (2) Christmas Rose Pointsettia (2) Crochet Bread tray doily (2) Intention (2) Irish Crochet Rose. Shamrocks (2) Lemon Verbena (2) OhioStoneware (2) Pantry do it yourself spice mixes (2) Questionsforyou? (2) Shamrocks (2) Swans (2) Three Sisters (2) be prepared (2) making candles (2) marketbag (2) pantry (2) rain barrel (2) seed saving (2) soup chicken (2) the starter (2) tin icicles (2) vintage depression glass (2) vintage glider (2) vintage hanging lights (2) wheat berries (2) window house (2) Bread Cloche (1) Celebrate life day (1) Christmas Cactus Care Sheet (1) Crochet Dress Apron (1) Crochet Irish Rose (1) Electric Skillet (1) Enamel Ware (1) FancifulFriday on/off the hook (1) I am a happy homebody. (1) Irish Crochet Rose (1) Miss Patsy (1) Organization (1) Original Oatmeal Box (1) Pastry Cloth (1) Petal Doily (1) Pie Vent (1) Real Bread (1) Rosemary (1) Scented Geraniums (1) Simple Musings Entry (1) Sourdough Cream Puff (1) Speckle Ware (1) Stillness (1) Stove Apron (crochet) (1) Stove Apron (crochet) swans (1) SweetheartMarketBag (1) Thrifting (1) Thyme (1) Tin cookie cutters (1) Twig Heart Decor (1) Vintage Bakeware (1) Vintage Bowls (1) Vintage Crochet Patterns (1) Vintage Dish (1) Vintage Flour Sifter (1) Vintage Furniture (1) Vintage Linens (1) Vintage Recipe (1) Waffle Iron (1) What we love to collect (1) crochet dress potholder (1) fpallet flower bed (1) gingerbread village (1) pallet flower bed (1) shamrock runner (1) stock (1) teachable moments (1) tureen (1) vegatable broth Homemade (1) vintage lights (1) vintage table linen (1) wooden bread bowl (1)

FarmhouseWorthyEst2025(c)

Please, this is my personal content. It may not be copied without written consent from the content creator (me). Treat this as you would your own content. Do unto other as you would like them to do unto you. It still applies in my world. Thank you.