Monday, June 15, 2020

A wee bit of chit chat

Hello Friends & Neighbors

Just a quick check in today. How are all of you?

We took a little time this weekend and drove to Amish Country, about 1.5 hours south of where we live. We rented a lovely log cabin, we are not hotel people. Had a lovely time, we stopped at a few of our usual haunts, and found new ones less touristy where the Amish folk shop.

It  was as busy as I've ever seen it, people roaming around, and not many face masks outside of the restaurant grocery store staff. It was a beautiful weekend in the upper 60's low 70's perfect in fact.
Our youngest tallest graduate of 2020 went along, with all that was cancelled for him this year, he was looking forward to going along. It was nice to get out and get away.

I found this at a fabric store we stopped at, which is a new favorite place. I mentioned a while back that I wanted to do a mini quilt dresden plate. I found this pretty pack of fat quarters which I think will do very nicely, they are well put together, the ribbon is a lovely touch. I chose the seperate fabric for the binding  well see how this plays out.  I like how pretty this is all tied up like a star. There are 6 fat quarters in this little beauty.



My husband told me of this place as he did a bit of research before we left. I looked it up and I found this little gem. It was the reason we stopped there. I'm 99% done with my cross stitch. I took some crochet and didn't work on anything. So today, I'm going to pull this out of the wrapper and see what I've got myself into. It is so cute I thought.

I've gor a bit of laundry and putting away to do from our trip, so a busy day. Packing is always more fun than unpacking isn't it?

Have a beauty of a day!
Thank you for stopping over and if you made it this far, I thank you twice.




6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip away. Loved the fat quarters, a lovely buy.

Jackie said...

It sounds like a wonderful time away. The colours in those fat quarters are gorgeous and will be just lovely in the quilt you have planned.

God bless.

Granny Marigold said...

That sounds like a very pleasant little trip. I love how that package of different fabrics is so neatly tied with a pretty ribbon. almost like it's a gift.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

We've rented Cricket Cabins a few times. I too like the peacefulness of a cabin.

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

What a cute hen! It looks like a very pretty quilt.

Faith said...

We stayed at one of those cabins last time for our 25th anniversary. I prefered that cabin to the one we were in this time. Tranquil Acres. It was a lovely time both times.

HappyHomebodyMonday

HappyHomebodyMonday
Sharing & Learning Together

Labels

Thread Crochet (49) Crochet (47) Simple Joys De Stress (39) Crochet Yarn (36) beeswax candles (28) HappyHomebodyMonday (21) Vintage (20) GODS Coloring Book (14) skill sets (14) Filet Crochet (10) Lavender (10) Vintage Beauties (8) crinoline ladies (8) pumpkins (8) St Patricks Day (7) Sturdy Pantry (7) queen annes lace (7) FarmhouseWorthy (6) I'm a natural (6) Chit chat over the clothesline (5) Penny Rugs (5) Potholders (5) Vintage Roses (5) Bread Fresh milled (4) Chocolate Cherry Sunflower (4) Sunflowers (4) fall decorations (4) Build your pantry (3) Farmhouse table (3) Fermentation (3) Pie Crust Recipe (3) Sourdough Bread (3) Sweet Simpleness (3) TimeInvestment (3) Vintage Cut Glass (3) Vintage Pie Vent (3) Vintage Waffle Iron (3) crystals (3) rosettes (3) ButterChurn (2) Christmas Crochet (2) Christmas Rose Pointsettia (2) Crochet Bread tray doily (2) Intention (2) Irish Crochet Rose. Shamrocks (2) Lemon Verbena (2) OhioStoneware (2) Questionsforyou? (2) Scarecrow (2) Shamrocks (2) Swans (2) Three Sisters (2) be prepared (2) making candles (2) marketbag (2) pantry (2) rain barrel (2) seed saving (2) soup chicken (2) the starter (2) tin icicles (2) vintage depression glass (2) vintage glider (2) vintage hanging lights (2) wheat berries (2) window house (2) Bread Cloche (1) Celebrate life day (1) Christmas Cactus Care Sheet (1) Crochet Dress Apron (1) Crochet Irish Rose (1) Drawstring bag (1) Electric Skillet (1) Enamel Ware (1) FancifulFriday on/off the hook (1) Fiber Fest (1) Giant Marigolds (1) I am a happy homebody. (1) Irish Crochet Rose (1) Miss Patsy (1) Organization (1) Original Oatmeal Box (1) Pastry Cloth (1) Petal Doily (1) Pie Vent (1) Real Bread (1) Rosemary (1) Scented Geraniums (1) Simple Musings Entry (1) Sourdough Cream Puff (1) Speckle Ware (1) Stillness (1) Stove Apron (crochet) (1) Stove Apron (crochet) swans (1) SweetheartMarketBag (1) Thrifting (1) Thyme (1) Tin cookie cutters (1) Twig Heart Decor (1) Vintage Bakeware (1) Vintage Bowls (1) Vintage Crochet Patterns (1) Vintage Dish (1) Vintage Flour Sifter (1) Vintage Furniture (1) Vintage Linens (1) Vintage Recipe (1) Waffle Iron (1) What we love to collect (1) crochet dress potholder (1) decluttering (1) fpallet flower bed (1) gingerbread village (1) pallet flower bed (1) shamrock runner (1) stock (1) teachable moments (1) tureen (1) vegatable broth Homemade (1) vintage lights (1) vintage table linen (1) wooden bread bowl (1)

FarmhouseWorthyEst2025(c)

Please, this is my personal content. It may not be copied without written consent from the content creator (me). Treat this as you would your own content. Do unto other as you would like them to do unto you. It still applies in my world. Thank you.